Ductless ACs are an increasingly popular method of keeping homes in Nashville cool. Unlike the expansive system of ducts required to carry air from a central unit to the various rooms of your home, a ductless AC has a wall mounted unit indoors that connects directly to the outside compressor.
Ductless ACs are often a good way to supplement your central AC or, in some smaller properties, replace it entirely. When you are considering installing AC in Nashville, these are some of the benefits the system will offer.
Advantages of Split System AC
It is possible to install a ductless AC in almost any home, including old homes and new developments. As with any heating or cooling system, it will still be important to have a system that has the capacity for your home’s size, insulation, and other features to adequately keep you cool, but this is relatively easy with the wide range of split system ACs on the market and the assistance of an experienced a Nashville HVAC company.
If you are considering a ductless AC, these are some of the benefits you can expect:
- Low Installation Costs – Because there is no need to run ductwork or connect to existing ductwork, a split system AC will generally take less time to install, which provides cost savings for you.
- Maintain Your Home’s Integrity – Oftentimes, the work necessary for a central AC is not compatible with some of Nashville’s more historic homes and adding ductwork to an already built home can be an intensive process that requires unwanted demolition work. A split system AC leaves your home as-is without needing to get behind walls and above ceilings during the installation process.
- Cooling for Multiple Rooms – With ductless AC, you still have the option to cool multiple rooms by powering several indoor units from a single outdoor unit. This is more efficient than individual window units.
- Customizable Comfort – While central AC will provide the same cooling to all rooms, you can set each ductless AC individually, providing localized temperature control, humidity control, and air quality control for the spaces that need it.
- Quiet Operation – Ductless ACs are extremely quiet when compared with central AC or window units, keeping the volume levels in your home comfortable.
- Cost Savings – In addition to being highly efficient, your ability to cool only the rooms you need can result in significant savings on your electricity bills.
These advantages make ductless AC a great option for many types of homes in Nashville. They can make the main living spaces of your home more comfortable, augmenting the central air in rooms that are difficult to keep cool, or letting individual occupants set their preferred temperature. Split systems ACs are also a great option for any space around your home that does not already have ductwork, such as a garage, home addition, or an older part of the property.
If you are looking for more information on whether or not a ductless AC is the right solution for your property, speak with an experienced and knowledgeable HVAC company in Nashville. Lewis Comfort Control has many years of experience installing and maintaining ductless ACs, central air, and other cooling solutions. We can provide honest recommendations for the type of AC that will work best at your home and a professional installation to guarantee your long term comfort. Contact us today for more information on ductless AC installation in Nashville.