Nashville is still looking at several more weeks of hot weather, and it will likely be a few months before your air conditioner gets a break. During that time, you want to be able to depend on an AC to provide cool air.
This relies on factors like having the right AC and HVAC equipment for your space, taking care of repairs when you notice signs of a problem, and running your AC in an efficient way. We have collected a few resources to help you get your AC through the rest of summer and keep your home cool.
Summer AC Resources
An air conditioner – whether you have central air, ductless AC, or window AC – has to work hard throughout the hot and humid summers in Nashville. As a homeowner, you want to be sure that your AC is able to keep your property interior cool and work efficiently to keep your energy costs low.
The following resources can help you optimize your AC, from choosing the right unit to keeping it in good condition:
- The Ultimate Summer Home Maintenance Checklist for Nashville Residents – You should take these routine steps each summer to help improve the functionality of your air conditioner.
- Five Tips for Optimal Use of Your Air Conditioner – These steps can help you run your air conditioner optimally.
- What is the Best Temperature to Set Your AC at in Summer? – We answer the age-old question of how to set your thermostat in the summer to stay both cool and energy efficient.
- Five Signs that Your AC Needs Repair – These signs are often your first indication of a problem with your AC – and a good reason to call an AC repair service in Nashville.
- How to Avoid the Need for AC Repair – You can extend the life of your AC and avoid expensive repairs with these steps.
- How to Avoid Overheating Your AC – With aging ACs or an air conditioner with a damaged component, the appliance is at risk for overheating.
- What Causes an AC to Blow Hot Air? – This guide will help you troubleshoot your AC if you have hot air coming out of your vents when your AC runs.
- Recharging Your AC – When and How to Recharge Refrigerant – Refrigerant is what makes it possible for your AC to cool the air in your home. If you have a refrigerant leak, you will need AC repair in Nashville.
- Should You Repair or Replace Your AC? – As an air conditioner gets older, it will start needing more repairs. Here is how to determine when a replacement will be more cost effective than more repairs.
- Understanding the Cost of AC Replacement – Every AC comes to the end of its service life eventually. Knowing how pricing works on a new unit will help you get the replacement that meets your needs and budget.
- Options for an AC Upgrade in Nashville – The right AC will combine comfort and efficiency. These are the different types of air conditioners and cooling equipment you can consider for your next AC replacement.
- Benefits of a Ductless Air Conditioning System – Ductless ACs are becoming more popular in Nashville. Learn more about this cooling solution and whether it is a good choice for your home.
- Window Units vs Central Air Conditioning – Central air and window ACs offer different alternatives for cooling a home. Find out which one makes the most sense for your space.
- Why Your Upstairs is Warmer than Your Downstairs – Increase the efficiency and keep your upstairs floors more comfortable with these tips.
The other key to maintaining your AC is to have a local Nashville heating and cooling company. Lewis Comfort Control offers all the AC services necessary for commercial and residential properties, including AC installation, tune-ups, and repairs. If your AC needs help to get through the rest of summer, contact our team today.